Monday, November 21, 2011

Does a full time homemaker swap her mind for a mop?

I just read this article:

http://patriotpost.us/opinion/dennis-prager/2011/11/15/does-a-full-time-homemaker-swap-her-mind-for-a-mop/

I totally agree. I personally am not a fan of talk radio, but there are so many ways to feed and use the mind while being a stay at home mom! I don't know about you, but I look forward to the time when I can be reading and learning while being a stay at home mom. I can't wait to go to the library with my kids and learn about everything! I want to continue to explore and experience life to the fullest. My mom was always taking us on field trips to museums. I know this lifestyle will take my intentional effort and I will give it my full attention. I could see the temptation to get lost in T.V. shows and drama, but I do not do that now and will continue to fill me life with other avenues of growth. I love learning!
I also plan to be using my Master's degree by volunteer teaching marriage and family relations for the community and for LDS services in the evenings. I also am going to be really involved with volunteer work for in children's schools.

How do you keep your mind active as a mom?

No comments:

Post a Comment